COVID-19 and Coronavirus Remote Working
Let’s dive into Coronavirus and Remote Working. At the end of 2019, a new strain of the Coronavirus was introduced into our world. COVID-19 has become an epidemic in the early stages of the year 2020. Lots of people are worried about catching the virus and are taking serious precautions to try to prevent the spread of the virus. Working remotely is one of these precautions. Since we are a company that is involved in remote working on a day to day basis we thought it would helpful to share some insights on how to remote work successfully.
Coronavirus and Working Remotely To Help Prevent Spreading COVID-19 Virus
COVID-19 has a lot of companies recommending that their employees work from home. Some companies are even enforcing this. While this may seem like an unnecessary action to take. It can help prevent others from being infected. Let’s dive into some tips on how you can remotely work successfully.
- Stay In Routine, stick to your current work routine. Keep doing your normal routine before and after work. It’s important to stay in a routine. Only make changes that limit other in-person interaction.
- Time Management, manage your time wisely. Keep track of what time you’re spending the most on. Look for ways to improve. If you need a time tracking tool then check out Toggl’s free account option. If you are a developer then check out WakaTime.
- Video Conferences, instead of in-person meetings utilize Video Conferences through Skype or Google Hangouts. Limit in-person interaction.
- Keep Your Work Area Sanitized, wipe down your work area and tools with Lysol wipes. Treat this the same as keeping your workplace sanitized.
- Wash Your Hands, the same as you do when you are at work. Wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
What If I am Not Setup To Remote Work?
Everyone is set up to work remotely if you have a computer and internet connection at home. Don’t change how you work while working from home. Just utilize the proper resources to do your work.
How Will The Coronavirus Impact Finances?
LendEDU has put together a great survey for forecasting how the coronavirus will impact finances.
How Can I Help During The COVID-19 Outbreak?
You can help by making sure you are on top of your personal hygiene. As you should be every day anyway. Follow these steps from the CDC. Donate to the CDC Foundation to help local and state health departments.
What Should You Do If You Think You Are Infected?
Do not panic, stay calm. Follow these Prevent the spread of COVID-19 if you are sick steps from the CDC.
Disclaimer: we are not providing medical information or advice. If you are sick then please seek local medical attention. If you have a medical emergency then please dial 911.